Battle of the Books 2015-16
Battle of the Books is a voluntary enrichment reading contest for 3rd- 5th graders. Students are split into teams of three. 3rd and 4th grade students will be together and 5th grade students will be together. They have a list of books that they need to read for the competition in April. Each child will be responsible for reading ten books on the list. We will meet with students five times during the year on a Wednesday after school from 3:30-4:15 until the competition to make sure teams are keeping up and can get some practice answering questions.
At the school competition students will be answering questions about the books that were read by giving the name of the book and the author. The winning 3rd/4th grade team and 5th grade team will compete with other teams from area schools at Walworth on May 18 in the evening.
Things to know:
- You are responsible for reading at least 10 books on the list.
- You should read at least 1-2 books per month.
- If you finish your books on the list, you should then start reading other books on the list.
- You should also try to memorize the names of all of the books and authors on the list, especially for the books you are responsible for.
- You can check the books out at the elementary school library and the public library.
- Please return books as soon as you are done reading them so that other people can check them out.
- Remember that most of the books you read are also Accelerated Reader books.
Have fun and good luck!
Mrs. Arney and Mr. Oxley
3rd/4th Grade Book List
5th/6th Grade Book List