Bulldog Bites Sept. 11-15
from the elementary school
Week of September 11-15
● FORWARD scores were sent home today. Please check your student's folder.
● The NED Show visited WBES on Monday, Sept. 11. This was a character education program that centers around the importance messages that have lifelong relevance: Never Give Up, Encourage Others, Do Your Best. Thank you for purchasing items for your students this week. Our sales will help “Pay it Forward” for another school.
● SCA has planned a party at Luckes on Sept 18th @ 6pm to meet other parents during this short mix & mingle. This will also be an opportunity to get involved in volunteer activities that SCA may be planning this year.
● Please review the new drop-off procedure and reminders below. Students who arrive before 8:15 will stand in their grade level line until teachers are outside for supervision.
○ When dropping off your students after 8:15 please pull up to the front doors and drop students off along the front of the school. This will prevent/avoid the crowding at the corner.
○ Parents should only drop off students when they are on the sidewalk side -not the "thru lane"
○ Once the bell rings at 8:25 parents should drop off at the front door.
○ Please to not leave their cars parked in the drop off lane.
○ During drop-off and pick-up, please stand to the side to chat with other parents. We want students to be able to get where they are going whether to the playground in AM or to find their pick-up car in the PM.
○ 5K-5th grade students: At 8:15 students will be escorted to the playground. 5K-5th grade students dropped off after 8:15 will join the other students on the playground. At 8:25 5K-5th grade students will get into their designated classroom lines to be escorted into the building.
○ 4K students: will continue to be dropped off at the front doors. They will remain at the front doors until the bell rings at 8:25 and will enter through the front doors.
● Reminder to parents to say goodbye to your child(ren) before they go to the playground or enter the building, if after 8:25. Parents will not be permitted to escort children to classrooms.
● Please save Box Tops - Kids will be bringing home sheets to help collect Box Tops. The first collection is due Oct 20th. Stay tuned for exciting news regarding BoxTop class contests and prizes to the top class and top student.
● The SCA (School and Community Association) is having a calendar raffle as a fundraiser this year. The way it works is you buy a calendar for $10 that has a raffle number on it. Then every month the SCA will draw 2-3 raffle numbers for cash prizes ranging from $50-$200, depending on the month. The raffle number on the calendar you buy is good for all 12 monthly drawings so you don't have to buy one each month. You can buy multiple calendars if you'd like. The calendars are available in both the elementary and high school office. Proceeds from this and other fundraisers help to support different school activities and programs such as field trips, classroom supplies, and other school-related things. Please consider buying a calendar to help support our schools (and maybe win some money!). Please contact Brett Oxley (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
● Please review the Elementary Student Handbook. There have been several changes so I encourage all families to review the handbook. The handbook is available on the Williams Bay Elementary School Website: http://images.pcmac.org/SiSFiles/Schools/WI/WilliamsBaySD/WilliamsBayElementary/Uploads/Forms/2017-18_Elementary_Student_Handbook.pdf
● One of the handbook changes is in regard to the treats/snacks that will be permitted at school. If parents want to send a treat to be shared with the class, send it to the classroom for everyone to celebrate. All treats should be store purchased with the ingredients clearly marked on the package. No homemade treats will be permitted to keep all students safe due to allergies and other possible safety concerns. Any homemade treats/snacks will be sent back home with the student.
● Another item to note:Please do not drop off or send “fast food” for your child’s lunch. The food service contract does not allow for other providers. Parents are welcome to eat with their child. Tickets can be purchased in the Office ($2.75). Parents should not, however, go outside with their child for recess.
● Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held Nov. 14 and Nov. 16 from 3:45-7:15. All families will need to sign up for conference online this year. Please go to the Williams Bay Elementary School Website. On the main page scroll down to the area that says FORMS. The link is at the bottom of the list. You can also click on the following link: https://tinyurl.com/WBES-Conferences Select the tab that represents the grade/department of the teacher you want to locate. Follow the instructions on the page. It is helpful to include your child’s name on the sign-up.
Lunch menu for the week of Sept. 18-22:
● Mon. Sept. 18: Pancakes & Fruit Topping w/Scrambled Eggs OR Biscuit and Gravy w/Scrambled Eggs
● Tues. Sept. 19: Roasted Pork with Gravy OR Homemade Meatloaf
● Wed. Sept. 20: Cheeseburger Bake OR Breaded Chicken Patty
● Thurs. Sept. 21: Chicken Cacciatore over Pasta OR Cheeseburger
● Fri. Sept. 22: French Bread Pizza OR Tuna Melt
● Thursday, September 21 - Picture Day
● Friday, September 29 - Homecoming Parade
● October 8-14 - Fire Safety Week
● Monday, October 9 - 1st grade to Fire House
● Friday, October 13 - Fire and Rescue Visit
● Friday, October 27 - Teacher Inservice/No Classes
● Monday, October 30 - Fall Break Vacation
Tradition of Excellence – Commitment to Progress